How to Properly Fit a Motorcycle Helmet
Big thanks to Sarah Schilke of Schuberth Helmets for showing us how to know if a motorcycle helmet is the proper fit. I met with Sarah at AIMExpo 2014 to learn about Schuberth’s women-specific helmet the C3 Pro-Women and their race helmet the SR1 which we used in the video below to demonstrate correct helmet fit.
Here are a few key factors when sizing a motorcycle helmet:
- Have head circumference measured by a dealer, in order to start with the correct size.
- Try on several makes and models for size AND shape.
- Helmet should not be loose or floppy, no gaps around face and head.
- Skin should move when the helmet moves.
- Top of helmet opening should not be below brow line.
- Move helmet side to side AND up and down to verify snug fit.
Watch our video to learn more and see a helmet fit demonstration.